As a friend and supporter of Empower African Children, you have undoubtedly associated the name Alexis Hefley with Empower African Children. As our President and Co-Founder, she has been a leader and the face of the organization since our inception nearly eight years ago.
Alexis will be stepping down from her position as President of Empower African Children to pursue new social ventures in Africa. She will stay involved in Empower African Children by remaining on the Board of Directors and representing us as our Co-Founder. We are extremely grateful for her continued presence and involvement.
Alexis’s passion and commitment to children in Uganda is simply extraordinary. She has spent most of her adult life leading organizations and caring for children from Uganda. For Empower African Children, some of her most notable achievements include
- Creating and leading five outstanding U.S. tours with the Spirit of Uganda
- Providing a home and playing the role of a parent, friend and mentor to our U.S. Scholarship students
- Sharing our vision and story with countless individuals in the U.S. and Uganda
- Providing leadership and direction to the staff and board of directors
- Most importantly, serving as a role model for all of our students
This significant change is part of a larger season of change that the organization is entering into. As we move into a new phase, we will use this time as an opportunity to restructure the organization for the future. More information will follow as plans progress.
While we will miss Alexis’s daily presence as a staff member, we also feel profoundly grateful to have shared in her life’s work for this season. Feel free to send a note of appreciation to Alexis at .
Thank you for your continued friendship and support.
Jeremy Phillips, Executive Director
Sources, but most pro-academic-writers.com/ social science fields use apa american psychological